Today’s the day – Keep Sake The Label boosted your first purchase discount! Take 30% off full-priced items with code BOOST30 for a limited time only.
Happy New Year to you from all of us here at The Len Parent Style. We hope that you have a great time enjoying the festivities to ring in the new year wherever you may be in the world. The new year can be an exciting time, brimming with the promise of fresh starts and new beginnings. It’s also an opportunity to recommit to your health and well-being: Eat better. Exercise three times each week. Drink more water. Creating these resolutions is easy enough. Sticking to them beyond the month of January, however, is another story.
Whether the new year has you feeling totally inspired or a tad overwhelmed, I have some advice to help you make – and keep – your healthy resolutions for 2019.
1. Reflect — Evaluate what you did last year. Be objective and honest with yourself when you reflect. Don’t give yourself excuses. Write down the ones you nailed last year. Understand what happened. Writing empowers you and strengthens your commitment. It will subconsciously put you into action, and push you when you least expect it. It influences you to work towards the goal, analyze what you did right, and how you can improve. You can turn it into an appreciation list of things you have accomplished. Be proud. Be blissful. Celebrate your success, even if you fulfilled only one out of five resolutions. This will psyche you up to tackle future resolutions you make.
2. Adopt an attitude of gratitude — Take some time at the beginning or end of the day to reflect on what you’re grateful for. “A daily grateful check-in or keeping a grateful journal is a way to shift your focus and minimize the distorting influence of stress. Reminding ourselves of the small, everyday positive aspects of our lives helps to develop a sense of balance and perspective that can enhance well-being,” says Johns Hopkins psychiatrist.
Find a workout buddy and set goals together to make fitness fun. Power walks or drives to classes can be social and provide support so that you stick to your goals. If your best friends live far away, make phone dates to walk together.
4. Chill out and rest up — when it’s time to sleep, it’s time to chill – literally. Knocking the thermostat down to 68 degrees or lower before you tuck into bed can help you sleep better. Darken your room by drawing the curtains or dimming the display on your alarm clock to really get those quality Zs.
5. Clean Eating — When the body is dehydrated, it doesn’t run efficiently. Drinking water has plenty of benefits including increasing energy, flushing out toxins, improving skin complexion and boosting immunity, to name a few. If you don’t like plain water, try infusing it or drinking a non-GMO tea.
6. Find an inspirational space to recharge and just be — Give yourself a few minutes a day to recharge. Create a space in your home or office where you find calm. Whether you take a few moments to pray, meditate or journal, give yourself a few minutes to just be.
There’s no need to rush, but don’t wait too long. Exploring and creating a healthy lifestyle can be a fun and exciting process. Having awareness is already half the battle. May your new year’s resolutions energize you, give you greater purpose, and reward you in an unforgettable path to life’s adventures.
Happy New Year! We have got great things in store for 2019!
Since 2018 was not the best year for me, I did a lot of reflecting the past couple of days, and I know what needs to change. I need to stop complaining and take action. My goal this week is to create a vision board so that I can make my visions and goals happen.
The Style Intermission
Wishing you an amazing year in 2019 babe!
Happy new year gorgeous! Love these resolutions inspos. xoxo Cris
Happy New Year love! OMG we have the same resolutions. I always want to focus on health and to be happy this year!
I seriously need to get on that “clean eating” train. Can’t wait to see what 2019 brings you!
May || http://themoderness.com
Have an amazing 2019 year Len!
Looking forward to your new posts.
Happy New Year. Loved reading the your reflections. This New year will be definitely better than the previous ones. and I always love reading your posts. Keep posting.
You’re absolutely rocking this dress dear! So gorgeous on you. Anyway, yes, I’m with you on your New Year’s resolutions, especially on the attitude of gratitude.
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
Your tips are perfect reminders for the new year – gratitude, take a walk, drink water and eat clean. Love your beautiful dress! Happy New Year!
I’ve totally gotten out of the habit to reflect back since retiring, but it’s such a good idea!!
Happy New Year and have a wonderful weekend!
Always inspiring Len, you look amazing in that red dress! I love your instagram – always a breath of fresh air! I wish you and your family many blessings in 2019 !
One of my goals is to eat cleaner and drink more water this year. I too need to recharge a bit everyday in a quiet space!
Such a stunning red dress and such good advice too! 🙂
Happy New Year! Hope that the first week of 2019 is off to a great start for you and you are having a nice weekend 🙂
Away From The Blue Blog
thanks for such beautiful advice and you are blushing in this red suit.
happy new year!! these shots are soooo beautiful!!! I can’t wait to see what you create in this new year!
Happy New Year babe! Gorgeous red dress, it looks very flattering on you.
Little Glittery Box
You look so gorgeous in red dress.
Happy New Year, gorgeous! Wish you all the best!
The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez
Happy New Year Len, you look like a vision in your stunning red dress! These are great tips to kickstart the year. 2018 was my best year in over 10 years, I was sad to see it go but as you said gratitude is important. So I know I should be grateful to be alive in 2019.
Like many, I need to work on my health and fitness this year, I started this last year by getting a personal fitness trainer to motivate me and this year I need to go to the next level.
Have a lovely weekend. Xx
Love this so much and you look so gorgeous in these photos Hun! I love your ideas – Happy New Year 🙂
Grace Louise || http://www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/
Love this post! Going for a walk everyday is so simple but makes such a big difference. Happy New Year Len, hope you have a happy and healthy 2019! Your red dress is so pretty, you look gorgeous girl! <3 xx
Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com
Love the look.
So stunning in the red dress Len. Finding an inspirational space to recharge and just be is just what I need everyday. It helps centers me so much especially when I am having a bad day. Wishing you and yours an amazing 2019.
You look so stunning in this dress, Len! Simply gorgeous! I also enjoyed reading your resolutions for 2019. All are simple and achievable with the right mindset. 🙂
I’ve been trying to focus on gratitude a lot lately, especially in times when I’m feeling down because it gives me a good dose of reality and perspective.
Julia // The Sunday Mode