GRACE KARIN Women Retro Long Sleeve Ruched Wrap Party Pencil Dress — (Price: $32.99 – $35.99 & Free Returns on some sizes and colors)
Happy Monday loves! Whether you want to wear one for a night out on the town, during a shopping spree with friends, or on a hot first date, these dresses are a one-size-fits-all solution for your fashionista needs. We’ve all seen women like Kim K rocking this trend (and looking damn good doing it!), but it can be tricky to style. So I want to share my 5 tips on how to style a bodycon dress !
- Find a style that makes you feel comfortable. There are lots of different types of bodycon dresses. Some will have a low back or neckline. The lengths will vary from mini to midi (or even maxi!). There are even different types of materials. I know for me personally, I need to feel comfortable in whatever I wear. That means I had to find a bodycon dress that wasn’t too revealing and had a nice fabric. This one from Grace Karin (available here) is great because it has a square neckline and the fabric is soft and breathable.
2. Bags and Clutches Are Friends. Knowing how much or how little to accessorize your dress is half the battle won. When it comes to bodycon and bandage dresses, less is always more. Carrying the right bag serves to dress up or dress down your outfit with ease and little effort. One rule of thumb to remember is that the size of your handbag should be inversely proportional to how formal the event is. An official evening party requires a clutch purse that is just enough to carry your bare essentials (lipstick, foundation, cellphone, etc.). For daytime or informal event, opt for a trendy bag that complements your dress and mood. However, whatever the occasion, if your dress is to be the focal point of your ensemble, a small clutch is your fail-safe option.
3. Pair with a high heeled shoe for a daytime look. I’ve really been in to that sexy look where you pair your favorite shoes with dresses or jeans. It’s got such a feminine vibe, I’m loving it! I paired my Grace Karin bodycon dress with my sexy Steve madden silver glitter shoes for a sexy look.
Style Tip: The shoes you wear can make or break your daytime look. If you have a shorter skirt, go for flatter shoes. Think ballet pumps or flat-heeled knee-length boots. If you have a longer length dress, wear a fun, flirty daytime wedge for a more vintage or rockabilly look.
4. Accessories are essential when creating a daytime look. Scarves or wraps break necklines fantastically and cover-up curves for a modest daytime look. Chunky jewelry and earrings are exceptional for creating a playful or funky feel. Don’t forget about the oversized, slouchy daytime handbag, shoulder bag, or tote. These are super casual and relaxed, allowing you to rock your style without looking like you are trying too hard.
5. Hair Styles Impact Overall Looks. Varying your hairstyle is one of the most affordable and simple ways to change the look of your dress. If you often wear your hair down, consider pulling it up. Or try half-up, half-down styles, or relaxed ponytails instead. If you find that you usually wear your hair up, consider letting it flow freely and adding voluminous curls to the ends. Altering your hair allows you to change the feel and style of your dress easily. Play around with a few of your favorites to pull more looks out of it. However, always ensure that the hairstyle you choose in the end will match your dress, in particular, the neckline.
BONUS LOOK FROM GRACE KARIN
Guys, I want to share with you this website called SUPREME FIVE they have great range of products from watches, beach dresses for women, sunglasses and more. Don’t forget to check them out!
What are your tips on how to style a bodycon dress? Let me know in the comments and have a lovely week babes!
I’m so envy with your body!!! Your body shape looks perfect even when you already have 2 babies!!!
All About Belt Reviews
Thank you! But I have 4 Kiddos though not 2. Have a great day! 🙂
Thank you so much for your style tips!
All About Gloves