Poppy polish bottle handle in white
9 Shades of Polish
The Top Coat Cuticle Serum with Cactus Flower Clean-Up Brush
Polish Remover Pot Flat-Edge
Clippers Dual-Grit File
Nail Buffer Bar
A postcard from nail paradise. Meet 6 new shades of our 7-free, long-lasting polishes for the must-paint nails of the season. Wish you were here! This set includes:
ANGELFISH- pale blue
COCKATOO- glowy lavender
PINK SANDS- sun-bleached pink
HIBISCUS- tropical pink
WILD ORCHID- rich magenta
LAVA- spicy orange-red
Super Glossy Top Coat- long-lasting shine
I love the selection of colors! They have great neutrals, pastels, reds, bright, sheers, etc. There are so many that can be paired together to create accent nails or fun French manicures. I really like their top coat and I reapplied it after a few days. My sisters also used the nail polishes and they were in Medical fields, taking care of sick people and doing crafts and they also lasted a week.
They’ve literally thought of everything you’ll need to perfect your at-home mani with this 14-piece set…
* The Nail Polish Remover Pot – Their polish comes off with such ease in this remover pot and do I dare say it gave me a sense of nostalgia thinking back to similar polish remover pots my mom had in the 90’s! Pro: Works like a charm + it’s acetone free!
* A Clean Up Brush – a great tool for wiping away polish outside of the nail for those of us who have a hard time of painting “in the lines.” Pro: it comes in a slender tube and I stored mine in there to keep the bristles from bending. Con: The bristles still bent which made touching up my last manicure a little tricky. Easy Fix: Just buy a similar brush in the make-up isle at any store when you need to replace.
* Flat-edge Nail Clippers – something signature for O&J as they’re firm believers in the straight edge trim. Their suggestion is cut 90%, file 10%. The straight edge clippers allow you to shape your nails as desired before you smooth the edges with the file. Pro: I’ve always used curved clippers but I’ll admit I do like their method using the straight-edge ones.
* Nourishing Cuticle Serum w/ Cactus Flower – The one tool I didn’t know I needed but absolutely love! One thing I especially love about Olive & June is their cuticle serum! It makes your cuticles look refreshed and hydrated with the simple swipe of the brush. It’s mess free and fast drying and full of avocado and jojoba oil. And it’s so easy to use – just take off the cap, twist the pen 2-3 clicks and apply on your cuticle! You can literally use it any time of day or night to show your cuticles some TLC.
* The Poppy – Their signature polish bottle handle that is supposed to make painting your nails “easier & faster while giving you better control for even & steady strokes.” Pro: They offer many short tutorials on their site on how to use the Poppy because it is a new and slightly foreign feel from just your regular ole bottle topper. Con: I cannot for the life of me get used to using this thing! I can’t determine which side of the brush is the straight edge and for me, it’s easier to use the regular bottle topper.
* Polish – The Everything Box allows you to choose 6 polishes. Pro: They have them organized by shade and level of “difficulty.” By difficulty, I mean they separate them out as beginner, intermediate and advanced shades. If you’re an avid at-home manicurist or consider yourself a pretty decent polisher, then pick and choose whatever colors you like regardless of if they are light or dark. For those that tend to be a little messier when painting, start with the lighter shades. Con: The polish itself can be very sheer and I, personally, find that three coats gets me that finished looked. It seems a little more tacky/sticky than some other brands but that could be that O&J uses a special 7-free formula that eliminates some chemicals found in other brands on the shelves so that’s another Pro.
* Top Coat – An essential for any at-home mani for that glossy look. They suggest that you re-apply this top coat every 2-3 days to keep your manicure looking fresh and longer lasting. Pro/Con: My first manicure lasted 2 days before a chip appeared and I followed their step-by-step guide to ensure my nails were free of any oils. My second manicure lasted a full 6 days before showing any wear and tear and I was much happier with those results!
* Dual Grit Nail File & Buffer Cube – two essentials for any at-home mani for shaping and smoothing!
I also got to try out the Into You Box which was a collaboration with Olive and June itself last year for a self-love celebration in mani form. The colors were so gorgeous ( see the image above) ranging from purples to blue to orange and ideal for summer My daughter and I tried out a few of the new colors. I love how how our Olive & June nails look and we had such pretty nails!!
If you think the box is a little pricey but I tell ya for the quality and amount of items you get, it makes up for the price. All in all, this box makes a perfect gift for adults and teens alike for any occasion. You can purchase some of their nail polish, the poppy, cuticle serum, and nail stickers at your local Target.
So, did I nail it? My review, that is? For those who have seen this brand and been curious about it, I hope this helps.
While this post was sponsored by Olive & June, the opinions expressed are my own.