- Wide-leg, straight or skinny? Wide legs can be super flattering on curvy body types like my own, but straight and skinny ones can be used with any shoes (because of the length). Plus, skinny ones get brownie points when using public restrooms (you’ll see why in the next question LOL).
- Printed or solid? This depends on your taste of course. I have one of each; a black one and a striped one. Both are fine honestly, just keep in mind there’s so much more you can do with a solid one.
- Dressy or casual? Up to your lifestyle, but really great if you can find a good middle. This way you can dress them up or down according to the occasion. I think most of the ones I suggested above, fall into this sweet middle spot.
- Which fabric? This will depend on where you live and what you want to use it for. I love a good denim jumpsuit as well as just a plain cotton one. Keep the fabric in mind if you plan to wear it for the office.
- Short or long? Technically, if they are short they are called rompers. Jumpsuits are only long. However, they can be Capri length, ankle-length, or regular length. I personally don’t like capris because they make me look shorter, but I recommend ankle length or long. It just depends if you are wearing heels or flat shoes.
- How about the sleeves? As you saw from the example above, I think plain sleeves or sleeveless are the only ways to go if you want to get the most out of it. Of course, there are many beautiful options out there, but it’s better for your pocket and the planet to pick one or two that you can style in multiple ways for all seasons.
HOW TALL OR SHORT SHOULD I BE TO WEAR A JUMPSUIT
I don’t think there’s a minimum or maximum height in order to wear a jumpsuit and look good. They can be flattering on any body type. If you are short, solid color or vertical stripes would look better I think. It also depends on what shoes you wear with it. If you are tall, just keep in mind you most likely would have to shop for tall sizes since it won’t be hard for a jumpsuit to be short on you.
Keep the length in mind when buying a jumpsuit and if you do need to have it fixed, you’ll have to take the length measurements with the shoes you’ll wear the most. This only applies to straight or wide-leg jumpsuits. An advantage of the skinny ones is that you can wear them with any shoes, so keep that in mind!
HOW TO DRESS UP A JUMPSUIT
With the right shoes and accessories! This is true for any piece you want to dress up. This is why I recommend having a jumpsuit that you can dress up or down as you please. To dress up a jumpsuit, you have many options:
*You can add a blazer or jacket and pumps
*Add a statement necklace or earrings and sandals
*Or something as simple as doing your hair and makeup
STYLING TIPS FOR SUMMER:
The easiest way to wear a jumpsuit during Summer is not to add layers, just wear it as it is. However, to make it look different you have to learn how to play with accessories. If you are just running errands just wear it with flat sandals or sneakers. If you are going out, add a cool necklace or statement earrings and sandals. If you want to make it look cool add a hat and a denim jacket or even a belt.
I’m such an advocate for smart shopping. It’s better for the planet and for yourself too. You will free up so much time and space in your mind and will be able to save a lot of money for things that actually matter. Yes, I believe dressing well has a significant impact on the way we feel and act every day, but you definitely don’t need a massive closet for that. I hope you find my blog useful to learn how to live with fewer things and to really maximize every single piece you have in your closet. And I hope you also learned how to wear a jumpsuit today.